Friday, April 13, 2007

Disneyland

Every three or four years, I go to Disneyland. I've been doing this for decades, ever since I was a young girl, when my father took me on a father-daughter road trip to Anaheim. In fact, when I finally got a license to drive, the very first thing I did was rent a car, drive to my parents' house, and on a whim, keep driving all the way to Disneyland--hundreds and hundreds of miles, no suitcase, no plans, just up and go.

In college and after, my trips to Disneyland were often like that: all of a sudden, on a Friday morning, I'd wake up feeling antsy, and I'd know it was time. I'd convince a friend or two to come along, buy a plane ticket, and head for the Magic Kingdom.

It's Friday morning.


But I am staying put.

3 comments:

Meredith Jones said...

It's so easy to think negatively of Disneyland because of how it supposedly represents the pinnacle of consumerism & all that fakery. But I went to it in 1993 when I was visiting the States & once there I was overwhelmed with nostalgic emotion. I'd like to go again.

shara said...

For me it's a bus trip to Mexico, though in my case I haven't actually ever been there. Staying put isn't easy some days.

brainhell said...

disney sucks